Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quote Strength (2)


Strength  
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said “our strength grew out of our weaknesses”. To me this quote at first seemed in a way impossible to grasp ;to exactly have a sense in what it means. But as I realized, it is in fact true in many ways of our life is run. How we live, how our character is built, and how humane we are.

It is odd how pain can evolve into something that reflects our character. How pain and weaknesses make our strength. To have someone break our heart in many different ways not only in love, but to lose somebody, to have someone hurt you,  many different  reasons; to have a stone of downcast weighing down on our emotions is a way makes our strength begin to form into what we see in the mirror.

For example when; I lost my Grandma, I couldn’t see anything in the world anymore, and everything was numb, deaf, a blur, empty I felt like life itself stopped for a while. To wallow up in shadows and thinking everything was nothing but a nightmare that I was soon to wake up synchronized in tears. Something so painful in my life that oddly made me strong it made me realize that the little things (problems) in life were so insignificant and in my eyes those mountains I couldn’t climb over  were just hills that I could just walk around and over. My weakness appeared to me as a little plant on the ground. That when it grew it made me stronger and see things differently. See the world a different place, see the weaknesses meek. So why is it important to let our weaknesses flood out of ourselves? To build our character in life. To build a fight so when the next dilemma appears we won’t feel dillusioned with what to respond, say and think. To know that life is just a measly roller coaster, it goes up and down, and we just have to be prepared to face our weaknesses, because facing them will make that plant grow into something beautiful in our life that will help us in our future. Though it’s hard to face those flaws in life, we have to learn that pain is only temporary but the strength that is grown is forever lasting. It doesn’t matter what fault it is, because every person has similar or different weaknesses it’s just in matter when one decides to face it.

                So its ok to be blue, its ok to cry or be angry, for everyone has a different way to react in facing their feebleness and not to hide it behind a mask. For the ones releasing their feelings are the ones who are just ready in showing that they can face their weakness. We just need to realize that confronting our emotions is not always easy, but it’s not impossible and it is important to be aware for when the future falls on the roller coasters. Because weaknesses is just part of life that will eventually transform into something beautiful implanted into ones existence; strength.  For every story has a beginning we just have to wait to “overcome” each chapter and know that there is a happy ending when the page gets turned.

8 comments:

  1. Kelly! I agree with you're quote on so many levels. One thing my mother taught me was to be grateful for the trials that are put in front of us. This is because trials, problems, disturbances all take us out of our comfort zone. Once out of our comfort zone we grow, learn, and receive new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly!!(:
    Omy!!! Were to begin. You chose a great quote.when ever coming through a situation I think about it like a test, testing my strengths and my emotions. And when I read the part of grandma it made think about my aunt that past away and how my world closed down. And how I couldn't wake up from that nightmare.... But great job kelly[:

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s so true! I agree with your quote. I think that everything happens for a reason and that the experiences we have can only make us a stronger and a better person, even though they might seem to be doing the opposite effect like how you mentioned in the blog with your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly i fully agree with your explanation in your quote. (: I like how you related your personal experiences with the quote.It made understand the quote more thoroughly. It's true though whatever situation you go throughout it makes you a stronger person and gives you strength to face other problems you face in life. Respond to my blog please, i would appreciate it :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly this is breath taking! Experiencing pain and having to be strong at the same time, is tough. It's not always easy being strong and having to face reality with knowing your hurting deep down inside. Just like you said, it's okay to release our emotions and show how we are feeling, since at the end, it can turn into something new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your quote and your response especially since you put your own personal example in it. We have to be strong through every little thing that comes in our way. We're only as strong as how much effort we put into whatever that come sour way. Everything happens for a reason and it probably is to make us stronger then what we think we are

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire this quote. Through our weaknesses we can find strength. When we find something we are weak at we notice it. By working on this weakness we can turn it into a strength. Without weaknesses we won't be able to learn from them. Everyone has a weakness even if some people don't show its there. Knowing what your weakness is, is just one step to learning how to strengthen it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quote is so true! By far one of my favorite posts I've read. Out of our weakness we learn how to get stronger. I am truly sorry about your grandma and I feel your pain. It is definitely hard to lose a loved one. Trust me I know. But out of this painful experience comes a stronger and better person. A stronger you.

    ReplyDelete